The Tavern Server is responsible for serving guests in both the dining room and/or the bar including the simulcast seating. Responsibilities of the Tavern Server include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for greeting guests and waiting on tables utilizing sequence of service by accurately taking down orders and entering them into micros using correct table numbers and seat numbers.
• Responsible for knowing the menu and accurate delivery of daily specials
• Responsible for providing proper money exchange. Knowledge of Filter Seat and Edit seat functions. Micros knowledge.
• Responsible for cleaning and stocking server areas without over stocking, polishing and rolling silverware.
• Responsible for keeping a clean section inviting to new guests who arrive after each round of service.
• Responsible for filling ice bins – opening and closing duties of front and back of house including set up and tear down of server station, helping in tear down of events and banquets when needed. Pre bussing.
• Responsible for knowing which alcoholic beverages we offer, special drink menus, and any specials that include drink specials.
• Responsible for awareness of your guests and adhering to TIPS training procedures.
• Responsible for providing friendly, polite, professional and accurate customer service. Cleanliness and good hygiene.
• Responsible for knowing how to properly present bottles of wine giving table side wine service and carrying a wine key.
• Responsible for helping in back of house tasks including but not limited to: organization of the shelves utilized by the servers. Taking out trash and recycling, taking back full linen bags and replacing with new bags.
• Responsible for changing soda bibs
• Responsible for setting up for Sunday Brunch and Race season. Working on our patio section during live racing which can sometimes involve working in high heat for extended periods of time.
• Responsible for awareness of health codes; including wearing the proper uniform and non-slip shoes.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to stand/walk for long periods
• Must be able to bend, twist, and reach
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds
• Must be able to work in a noisy and stressful environment
• Must be able to work in hot weather conditions (patio seating)
• Must be able to obtain MRC Badge
• Must be able to obtain TiPS (alcohol awareness) certification
• Must be able to communicate and work as a team
• Two (2) years of prior serving experience preferred
Sign Up For Job Alerts!